Trinity CertTESOL Course in Hong Kong
The Trinity CertTESOL teacher training course in Hong Kong is a 130 hour course delivered in both Blended and Online formats. It covers an in-depth syllabus focusing on lesson planning and essential practical teaching skills, catering for those who are new to the profession, and inspire those who already have some experience.
The Trinity CertTESOL is one of only two TEFL qualifications that is listed by the British Council as an acceptable introductory teaching qualification that meets their standards and requirements.
- This teacher training course not only provides you with a recognised, globally accepted Trinity TESOL Certificate but will also help you to develop the skills you will need in the classroom, a professional awareness of the industry and your future opportunities, along with job placement assistance.
- Our experience in teacher education, tried-and-tested training methodology and combined knowledge of the ESOL industry worldwide will prepare you to meet international standards with effective teaching approaches that are most sought after by schools and employers throughout the world.
- We emphasise a reflective approach to your development as a teacher, meaning that you can take control of your own development according to your strengths in the classroom. This will help you to develop as an individual teacher, and as a member of an effective team during your time on the course.
- With our Trinity TESOL certificate, recognised in many fields within international education, you will have an instant advantage when you are looking for employment in the English teaching industry.
- Input sessions through a comprehensive, self-paced online course.
- Training practice workshops revamped into engaging, interactive webinars.
- Live one-to-one tutor support to help you with your studies and assignments
- High quality e-learning content, online modules using videos, presentations and tasks
- Teaching practice with real learners online
The course is available as a full time intensive course, Monday to Friday, for four weeks, or as a part time course conducted over a three month period.
- Full Time: 4 weeks, intensive Zoom classes Mondays to Fridays (9:00 AM to 5:00 PM): We offer courses in an intensive 4-week mode, allowing trainees to maximise their focus on the developmental process that they undertake during the course. Full-time trainees should make sure that they do not have any outside commitments or other activities which will distract from the course, as it is intensive and will involve evening and weekend work.
- Part Time: 12 weeks, semi-intensive Zoom classes for working professionals Saturdays (9:00 AM to 5:00 PM) and Tuesday and Thursday evenings (6:30 PM to 9:30 PM): For trainees who have other commitments to deal with, we offer the course in a 12-week part-time mode. This gives you the chance to absorb the course content over time, and means that you can attend classes two evenings a week and a full day on Saturday.
- Input sessions are comprised of lesson observations, methodology, grammar, pronunciation, vocabulary, error correction and skills teaching.
- Lesson preparation, teaching practice and feedback constitute the practical component of the course.
- Teacher trainees are also taught how to effectively use resources such as textbooks, supplementary materials and audio visual aids.
- The practicum (Teaching Practice) consists of 8 lessons, totaling over 6 hours, teaching real learners at two different levels (one pre-intermediate and one post-intermediate level) and focusing on a range of different teaching skills and language content.
- Comprehensive feedback and reflection tasks are given to help you develop your skills and expertise during the course.
- Click here to see the course syllabus.
Successful trainees will be able to demonstrate the following on completion of the course:
- Knowledge of the main phonological, lexical and syntactic features of contemporary English.
- Awareness of the learning needs of individuals or groups of learners, and of the motivation of learners in a variety of cultures and environments.
- Ability to establish rapport, create and maintain learners' interest.
- Ability to draw up a range of lesson plans with clear and achievable aims, using appropriate methods for learners with various needs.
- Ability to manage and stimulate active participation among a class of learners and provide a relevant learning context and learning opportunities in relation to their learning objectives.
- Ability to evaluate, use and adapt published material and create simple teaching material, which may include visual aids, audio, video and information / communications technology.
- Broad understanding of the main advantages and disadvantages of various language teaching approaches.
- Ability to evaluate their own effectiveness as teachers and to work cooperatively as members of a teaching team or group.
- Awareness of the need to continue their professional development as ESOL teachers after training in a teaching post and through private study, further training or participation in professional networking events.
- Awareness of the means of obtaining a TESOL post after training, including using the media and professional associations, and of the main issues relating to employment in this area that may affect their future security and further professional development.
Much of your future success will come from being able to develop skills acquired on the certificate course. By the end of the course you will be able to teach to the Trinity College standard. The Communicative Approach to teaching a foreign language provides a style which is keenly sought by students enrolling in English courses internationally. This methodology is recognised and promoted by the British Council.
The Trinity CertTESOL (teacher training program) is accredited at Level 5 on the National Qualifications Framework (the NQF) by the Qualifications and Curriculum Development Agency (QCDA) in England. Level 5 is regarded as comparable in difficulty to the second year of an undergraduate degree, or to postgraduate degree programs offered in the UK.